With this procedure, we fill part of the sinus cavity with biomaterial that will ossify over time and form a solid foundation for future implants.
Sinus lift is a surgical procedure performed under local anaesthesia and is completely painless for the patient.
We offer 2 types of sinus lift:
- small sinus lift – If there is enough bone volume for implant placement and its stability, but bone is still lacking to the full length of the implant we want to use (up to 4 mm). The procedure is performed just before the implant is placed by lifting the bottom and the mucous membrane of the sinus with an instrument called osteotome and filling the space with a bone substitute before placing the implant.
- large sinus lift – In the absence of a larger bone volume, the maxillary sinus is raised laterally and this space is then filled with bone replacement. If the available amount of bone allows a stable placement of the implant, in addition to the procedure of lifting the maxillary sinus, the implant is placed at the same time.
Safe and precise planning of implant therapy is preceded by an evaluation and detailed diagnostic processing of a 3D CBCT imaging based on which the position of the implant is determined with respect to the volume and density of the jaw bone.
If, based on the 3D CBCT imaging, the volume of the bone is found not to be satisfactory, we approach the bone augmentation (bone grafting) before the implant installation itself. The surgical procedure is carried out under local anesthesia and is completely painless for patients.
After the installation of dental implants, a temporary fixed prosthetic work is made that is fixed to 6 installed implants. During the period of osseointegration (integration of implants into the bone), a temporary prosthetic solution functionally replaces the final prosthetic work in a way that allows for normal speech and chewing function in the foreseen period of healing.
Final (permanent) prosthetic work is strengthened with bolts on set implants, and zirconia and completely ceramic bridges meet the most demanding aesthetic and functional standards in dentistry.
Why opt for a sinus lift in the Kalmar Implant Dentistry?
- Sinus lift surgery is performed by an expert team of surgeons possessing long-standing experience with regard to the sinus lift surgery
- All surgical procedures are carried out according to the strictest rules of the profession in strictly controlled sterile conditions
- An expert team of oral surgeons is qualified to perform the most demanding procedures thanks to many years of experience in implantology
- The foundation for the implementation of a precise maxillary sinus lift surgery is the most reliable implant diagnostic 3D CBCT device (Cone Beam Computer Tomography) from the Japanese manufacturer J.Morita Corp.
You will receive a certificate and a warranty card for all dental work performed at the Kalmar Implant Dentistry clinic.